Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Since we are celebrating Chocolate Cake Day today, here is an amazingly fluffy and gooey and yummy cake!
- Butter, room temperature, for baking dish
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for baking dish
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and set a kettle of water on to boil.
- Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish; coat with granulated sugar, tapping out excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with granulated sugar until lightened in color.
- Whisk in melted chocolate; set aside.
- In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Whisk 1/3 of whites into chocolate mixture. Add remaining whites, and gently fold with a rubber spatula just until combined (do not overmix).
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish. Set dish in a roasting pan, and pour enough boiling water into pan to come about 1 inch up side of dish.
- Bake until puffed and just set (center of cake should barely move when jiggled), 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes; dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Monday, January 25, 2016
A New Year reminder of the importance of having your regular 6-month dental cleanings while in Orthodontic treatment. Your Dentist and Dental Hygienist play a very important role in your treatment at our practice. Be sure that you have your next cleaning already scheduled!
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Today is National Popcorn Day! We know, you can’t have popcorn with braces. BUT, you can have Pirate’s Booty. It’s a great alternative to traditional popcorn and it’s braces friendly, so enjoy some today. Just remember to brush and floss afterwards!
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
NSO is happy to announce that we will be collecting donations of cash or supplies for our friends at Cranio Care Bears through March 2016. You can also donate your Lyon's Loot! For every 30 Lyon's Loot Collected NSO will donate $10 to Cranio Care Bears. http://craniocarebears.org/donate/
NORTH WOODS BEAN SOUP
Since January 6TH Is National Bean Day “and” January is National Soup Month, of course we need a bean soup recipe and this one is delicious and can be made in just 25 minutes!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to pan. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.
Adding turkey kielbasa lends this hearty soup recipe a rich, slow-simmered flavor even though it takes just 25 minutes to make. www.myrecipes.com
Monday, January 4, 2016
Everyone is lining up for tickets to see THE FORCE AWAKENS, the latest episode from the Star Wars series. We wanted to get in on the action so we’re hosting a Star Wars contest in our practice! All you have to do to enter is match pictures of some famous Star Wars characters to their name for a chance to win a Star Wars Movie Basket! Be sure to enter at your next appointment or drop by and enter any time!