NORTH WOODS BEAN SOUP
Since January 6TH Is National Bean Day “and” January is National Soup Month, of course we need a bean soup recipe and this one is delicious and can be made in just 25 minutes!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to pan. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.
Adding turkey kielbasa lends this hearty soup recipe a rich, slow-simmered flavor even though it takes just 25 minutes to make. www.myrecipes.com